Why Choose Inspector Hawkeye?
We understand how confusing and nerve-wrecking buying a property can be. Properties falling down, restumping, leaking, numerous defects… we’ve heard all of the horror stories. Our experienced team is here to help you to avoid the common pitfalls associated with buying property.
Get your inspection completed at very short notice
Quick to respond, we’ll complete your report at very short notice while maintaining our superior standards and customer service levels.
Guaranteed delivery of report within 24-hours
Your jargon-free report is delivered within 24-hours of inspection, along with the opportunity to discuss the findings with our inspector.
We’re as thorough as it gets
Under the floor, on the roof, guttering and down pipes – our inspectors are thorough, going where not too many others in the industry venture.
Our Melbourne Building Inspection Services
Looking to purchase a new property?
If you’ve fallen in love with your dream home, before sealing the deal, organise a pre-purchase building inspection to ensure you won’t have to spend thousands of dollars on costly structural repairs later.
In the process of building your dream home?
Make sure the construction project is inspected periodically so that you know everything is up to scratch. Our inspectors are on-site during each step of the building process to ensure high quality work is completed.
Just purchased the home of your dreams?
It’s never too late to request our involvement. If you’ve already purchased that dream home or property, our inspectors can be on-hand with the knowledge you need to make sound decisions that work alongside your existing budget.
Are you in the middle of renovations?
If that’s a yes, it’s vital to check all work is being completed in accordance with your building plans. This is where our inspectors can assist and ensure everything is running smoothly.
Planning to sell or auction off your property?
Setting the sale price of your home is no easy feat – an inspection pre-sale/pre-auction provides you with the information you need to maximise your profits and prevent any issues impacting the final sale (unforeseen structure issues for instance).
Inspector Hawkeye has saved me a lot of money over the years, illustrating defects and issues in their reports on properties I thought were sound. It’s a form of insurance all properties buyers must have. You must use Inspector Hawkeye.
Inspector Hawkeye are professional and diligent. Their staff are very easy to deal with and the building report was very easy to read and understand. I recommend Inspector Hawkeye for your next inspection.
My wife and I have been searching for a family home for the past 12 months and have used Inspector Hawkeye on all the properties that we were interested in and bid on. The inspections and reports give us clarity and an understanding on the possible investment that we are looking to purchase. We endorse Inspector Hawkeye.
Why pay for an inspection?
Here’s why you need a building inspection:
- To check for major structural defects and identify any damage caused by termites or other pests.
- Potentially save money on the purchase price if these problems are found before settlement.
- So you can budget for maintenance, repairs or renovations before they worsen. Our report includes building defect repair costs to help lower the property price.
- Identify any areas of the property that are unsafe.
- Evaluate sundry structures (illegal erections completed by previous owners that will require title insurance).
- To avoid any nasty surprises post auction once the purchaser obtains a satisfactory building and pest inspection. It’s too late once the hammer strikes!
Questions to ask when choosing a building inspector
A few things you should ask your potential building inspector:
- Are they fully licensed?
- Do they adhere to Australian standards?
- How thorough are they?
- Can they organise an inspection quickly?
- How quickly can they turnaround a detailed report?
- Are you able to check a sample report?
- Do they have sound building and construction experience?
Inspection: the areas we cover
Here is some of what we cover in our inspections:
- Roofing (internal and external)
- Roof frame
- Walls (internal and external)
- Doors and frames (internal and external)
- Guttering and down pipes
- Retaining walls
- Balconies, patios and stairs
- Verandas, pergolas and paving
- Fences and out buildings
- Plumbing overview
- Electrical overview
- Maintenance issues